KL16      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain was tested for suppressors and none were found.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Low, K.B. 1968. Formation of merodiploids in matings with a class of Rec- recipient strains of Escherichia coli K12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 60:160-167
- Bukhari, A.I., A.L. Taylor 1971. Genetic analysis of diaminopimelic acid- and lysine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 105:844-854
- Low, KB 1972. Escherichia coli K-12 F-prime factors, old and new. 36(4):587-607.
- Low, K.B. 1973. Rapid mapping of conditional and auxotrophic mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 113:798-812