PK191      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
66(ColV) Map Position:
43.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- First ref.(Kahn) below is to parent PK19.
- The deletion was formerly called DE( proB-lacX111.
- This strain is ColV- and ColVR It is an HfrV.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Kahn, PL 1968. Isolation of high-frequency recombining strains from Escherichia coli containing the V colicinogenic factor. J. Bacteriol. 96(1):205-14.
- Low, K.B. 1973. Rapid mapping of conditional and auxotrophic mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 113:798-812