CES200      Source of Strain:
C. ShurvintonOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thrA34::Tn10
, hsdR0Strain Comments:
- Related strains are described in Wyman et al., 1985 (below).
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Wyman, A.R., L.B. Wolfe, D. Botstein 1985. Propagation of some human DNA sequences in bacteriophage Lambda vectors requires mutant Escherichia coli hosts. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 82:2880-2884
- Wertman, K.F., A.R. Wyman, D. Botstein 1986. Host/vector interactions which affect the viability of recombinant phage lambda clones. Gene 49:253-262