.      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- leuX151(AS)-- Su+6(supP) is a double mutant of a leu tRNA species . anticodon CAA to CUA and at junction of D- and anticodon-stem (A27 to G27).
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- leuX151(AS) was formerly called supP51
- leuX151(AS) was formerly called Su6+
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Chan, TS, A Garen 1969. Amino acid substitutions resulting from suppression of nonsense mutations. IV. Leucine insertion by the Su6+ suppressor gene. J. Mol. Biol. 45(3):545-8.
- Arnardottir, A., S. Thorbjarnardottir, G. Eggertsson 1980. Mapping of the supP (Su6+) amber suppressor gene in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 141:977-978