KL188      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK35
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- thyA25-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- hns-1 was formerly called cur-1
- hns-1 was formerly called osmZ1
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.