SH210      Source of Strain:
Schweizer & BoosSex:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: garB10
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- glpD3-- GlpD loss also results in stasis with gluconeogenic C sources, e.g.,succinate. glpA or glpD mutants should be grown on min.salts+1% glycerol-free casein hydrolysate+1% glucose.
- glpD3-- Loss of G-3-P dehydrogenase (aerobic) results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole carbon source.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- = tetracycline resistant
- Const = constitutive
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Schweizer, H, W Boos 1983. Transfer of the delta (argF-lac)U169 mutation between Escherichia coli strains by selection for a closely linked Tn10 insertion. Mol. Gen. Genet. 192(1-2):293-4.