Hfr3000 U169      Source of Strain:
F. JacobOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Casadaban, M.J. 1976. Transposition and fusion of the lac genes to selected promoters in Escherichia coli using bacteriophage lambda and Mu. J.Mol.Biol. 104:541-555