LK29      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain carries two uncharacterized mutations, one affecting detergent-sensitive phospholipase A and one affecting the level of lysophospholipase L2 activity.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Kobayashi, T, H Homma, Y Natori, I Kudo, K Inoue, S Nojima 1984. Isolation of two kinds of E. coli K-12 mutants for lysophospholipase L2: one with an elevated level of the enzyme and the other defective in it. J. Biochem. 96(1):137-45.