CY50      Source of Strain:
J.E. CronanOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK35
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Some of the mutant allele designations given in the paper are inaccurate.
- galK35-- is Brenner's gal-U99 from Hfr 3000 U99 and has been called galK99
- fabA2(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Cronan, J.E., D.F. Silbert, D.L. Wulff 1972. Mapping of the fabA locus for unsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 112:206-211