NF306      Source of Strain:
F160 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: thyA44 Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, pyrB43Strain Comments:
- Host strain: NF305.
- This strain must be grown on medium containing leu, his, arg, ura, met and lacking lys.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Fill, N 1969. A functional analysis of the rel gene in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 45(2):195-203.