PC2      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, deoC3Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA47-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- dnaC2(ts) was formerly called dnaC302
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Carl, PL 1970. Escherichia coli mutants with temperature-sensitive synthesis of DNA. Mol. Gen. Genet. 109(2):107-22.
- Wechsler, JA, JD Gross 1971. Escherichia coli mutants temperature-sensitive for DNA synthesis. Mol. Gen. Genet. 113(3):273-84.
- Gross, J. 1972. Curr.Topics Microbiol.Immunol. 57:39-0
- Lark, CA, J Riazi, KG Lark 1978. dnaT, dominant conditional-lethal mutation affecting DNA replication in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 136(3):1008-17.