20SO      Source of Strain:
Paris StrainOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ43
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- EMG8 Clowes & Hayes Lab Manual.
- The strain gives a weak positive reaction on MacConkey-Mtl medium. The mtl-2 marker is not known to have reverted in other strains but it is possible that this strain is mtl+.
- This strain gives a strongly positive reaction on MacConkey-Ara medium. the ara-13 marker has reverted in many other strains and we conclude that it has reverted in this strain as well.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Luria, S.E., J.N. Adams, R.C. Ting 1960. Transduction of lactose-utilizing ability among strains of E. coli and S. dysenteriae and the properties of the transducing phage particles. Virology 12:348-390
- Franklin, N.C., S.E. Luria 1961. Transduction by bacteriophage P1 and the properties of the lac genetic region in E. coli and S. dysenteriae. Virology 15:299-311
- Buttin, G. 1963. Mecanismes regulateurs dans la biosynthese des enzymes du metabolisme du glactose chez Escherichia coli K12. La biosynthese induite de la galactokinase et l'induction simultanee de la sequence enzymatique. J.Mol.Biol. 7:164-182
- Buttin, G. 1963. Mecanismes regulateurs dans la biosynthese des enzymes du metabolisme du galactose chez Escherichia coli K12. II. Le determinisme genetique de la regulation. J.Mol.Biol. 7:183-205
- Clowes, R., W. Hayes 1968. Experiments in microbial genetics
- Riordan, C., H.L. Kornberg 1977. Location of galP, a Gene Which Specifies Galactose Permease Activity, on the Escherichia coli Linkage Map Proc.Roy.Soc.Lond.B 198(1133):401-410.