NH4920      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoB16Strain Comments:
- The strain does not grow well at high temperature. Use 42 degrees as the restrictive and 32 degrees as the permissive temp.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- recA44(ts)-- G to A at Nuc. 977 (Val 247 Met)
- recA44(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Hall, JD, P Howard-Flanders 1975. Temperature-sensitive recA mutant of Escherichia coli K-12: deoxyribonucleic acid metabolism after ultraviolet irradiation. J. Bacteriol. 121(3):892-900.