CHE-11      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is somewhat unstable and needs to be cloned before use.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- op = operator
- p = promoter, regulatory region
- Gottesman, MM, ML Hicks, M Gellert 1973. Genetics and function of DNA ligase in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 77(4):531-47.