AN59      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
13 Map Position:
84.98 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain probably carries phage P1.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Cox, E.C., F. Gibson, J. Pittard 1968. Mutant strains of E.coli K-12 unable to form ubiquinone. J.Bacteriol. 95:1591-0
- Cox, GB, IG Young, LM McCann, F Gibson 1969. Biosynthesis of ubiquinone in Escherichia coli K-12: location of genes affecting the metabolism of 3-octaprenyl-4-hydroxybenzoic acid and 2-octaprenylphenol. J. Bacteriol. 99(2):450-8.