P3478      Source of Strain:
Cairns & DeLuciaOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, deoC2Strain Comments:
- Ref. for e14: Van de Putte, 1984, cited below.
- Ref. to the inversion: Hill & Harnish, 1981, cited below.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- DeLucia, P., J. Cairns 1969. Isolation of an E. coli strain with a mutation affecting DNA polymerase. Nature 224:1164-1166
- Gross, J., M. Gross 1969. Genetic analysis of an E. coli strain with a mutation affecting DNA polymerase. Nature 224:1166-1168
- Hill, C.W., B.W. Harnish 1981. Inversions between ribosomal RNA genes of Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 78:7069-7072
- van de Putte, P, R Plasterk, A Kuijpers 1984. A Mu gin complementing function and an invertible DNA region in Escherichia coli K-12 are situated on the genetic element e14. J. Bacteriol. 158(2):517-22.