JC158      Source of Strain:
A.J. ClarkOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacI22
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- serA6-- grows well on 100ug/ml Ser and poorly on 20ug/ml, serA6 is tight. (In JC158).
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Clark, A.J. 1963. Genetic analysis of a "double male" strain of Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 48:105-120