W6      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: relA1
, creC510Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- Lederberg, J., L. Cavalli, E.M. Lederberg 1952. Sex compatibility in Escherichia coli. Genetics 37:720-730
- Gosting, D.C., J. Lederberg 1956. Biotin requirement of cultures derived from E. coli K-12 strain 58. Microbial Genet.Bull. 13:13-14
- Bachmann, BJ 1972. Pedigrees of some mutant strains of Escherichia coli K-12. Bacteriol.Rev. 36(4):525-57.