Hfr Hayes      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: secA207
, creC510Strain Comments:
- This is the original Hfr Hayes, received from R. C. Clowes as RC715.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- secA207(aziR) was formerly called azi-7
- aziR = azide resistance
- Const = constitutive
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hayes, W. 1953. The mechanism of genetic recombination in Escherichia coli. Cold Spr.Harb.Symp.Quant.Biol. 18:75-93