N2672      Source of Strain:
Gellert & GottesmanSex:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- [lig-7](ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation which was brought in from E. coli 15; it reverts. The strain must be monitored frequently.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- op = operator
- p = promoter, regulatory region
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Gottesman, MM, ML Hicks, M Gellert 1973. Genetics and function of DNA ligase in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 77(4):531-47.