Lin 228      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- glpD11(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation. At 42C the cell cannot grow on glycerol as C-source and at 42C on succinate plus glycerol medium, growth stasis is observed (glycerol sensitivity).
- glpD11(ts)-- At 42C grow on Min.salts + 1%glycerol-free casein hydrolysate + 1% glucose.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Cozzarelli, NR, WB Freedberg, EC Lin 1968. Genetic control of L-alpha-glycerophosphate system in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 31(3):371-87.