G11a1      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: relA1
, ampCp-1Strain Comments:
- We received feedback that this strain, along with MG1655 and a few of its derivatives that were tested, showed thermotolerance at 48C on LB without NaCl, but not on regular LB.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ampCp-1-- is a promoter mutation; AmpC+ strains carrying this allele produce about 10X the amount of beta lactamase found in wild-type strains. In absence of other amp alleles, use 10-15 ug/ml Amp.
- ampCp-1 was formerly called ampA1
- Eriksson-Grennberg, K.G., H.G. Boman, J.A.T. Jansson, S. Thoren 1965. Resistance of Escherichia coli to penicillins. I. Genetic study of some ampicillin mutants. J.Bacteriol. 90:54-62