Lin 402      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- glpA9-- Loss of anaerobic G-3-P deHase results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole C-source under anaerobic conditions.
- glpA9-- Loss of GlpA or D also results in stasis with gluconeogenic C sources, e.g., succinate. glpA or glpD mutants should be grown on Min.salts+ 1% glycerol-free casein hydrolysate + 1%glucose
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- Δ(malQ-glpR)14(glpc) was formerly called malA34
- Δ(malQ-glpR)14(glpc) was formerly called glpR5
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Freedberg, W.B., E.C.C. Lin 1973. Three kinds of controls affecting the expression of the glp regulon in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 115:816-816