3310 Paris Hfr      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ46
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lacZ46-- is a missense mutation. It was originally called lacz1 by Jacob.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = missense
- Pardee, A.B., F. Jacob, J. Monod 1959. The genetic control and cytoplasmic expression of "inducibility" in the synthesis of B-galactosidase by E. coli. J.Mol.Biol. 1:165-178
- Franklin, N.C., S.E. Luria 1961. Transduction by bacteriophage P1 and the properties of the lac genetic region in E. coli and S. dysenteriae. Virology 15:299-311