GMS343      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Novel, G., M. Novel 1973. Mutants d'Escherichia coli K12 affecte's pour leur croissance sur methyl-beta-D-glucuronide: localisation du gene de structure de la beta-D-glucuronidase (uidA). Mol.Gen.Genet. 120:319-335