Lin 9      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Grow on following Lin medium (Med.56 plus 1% casein hydrolysate and 1% glucose). Do not store on rich medium plus glycerol, selects for non-inducible glpR.
- glpD3-- Loss of G-3-P dehydrogenase (aerobic) results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole carbon source.
- glpD3-- GlpD loss also results in stasis with gluconeogenic C sources, e.g.,succinate. glpA or glpD mutants should be grown on min.salts+1% glycerol-free casein hydrolysate+1% glucose.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Hayashi, H., J.P. Koch, E.C.C. Lin 1964. Active transport of L-a-glycerophosphate in Escherichia coli. J.Biol.Chem. 239:3098-3105