Lin 43      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glpK22(fbR)-- This allele is both Ki (insensitive to inhibition by fructose bisphosphate) and Kr (resistant to inhibition by IIAglu of the PTS) . Sequenced allele: G304S.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- fbR = feedback resistant
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Zwaig, N, EC Lin 1966. Feedback inhibition of glycerol kinase, a catabolic enzyme in Escherichia coli. Science 153(737):755-7.
- Zwaig, N, WS Kistler, EC Lin 1970. Glycerol kinase, the pacemaker for the dissimilation of glycerol in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 102(3):753-9.
- Berman, M, EC Lin 1971. Glycerol-specific revertants of a phosphoenolpyruvate phosphotransferase mutant: suppression by the desensitization of glycerol kinase to feedback inhibition. J. Bacteriol. 105(1):113-20.
- Freedberg, W.B., W.S. Kistler, E.C.C. Lin 1971. Lethal synthesis of methylglyoxal by Escherichia coli during unregulated glycerol metabolism. J.Bacteriol. 108:137-144