JM70      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is sensitive to cysteine: use cystine instead.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Jones-Mortimer, MC 1968. Positive control of sulphate reduction in Escherichia coli. Isolation, characterization and mapping oc cysteineless mutants of E. coli K12. Biochem. J. 110(3):589-95.