JM70      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is sensitive to cysteine: use cystine instead.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Jones-Mortimer, MC 1968. Positive control of sulphate reduction in Escherichia coli. Isolation, characterization and mapping oc cysteineless mutants of E. coli K12. Biochem. J. 110(3):589-95.