LA-12      Source of Strain:
F+ Chromosomal Markers: supQ80
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- supQ80-- mutation was found in AB259 by Russell & Pittard. Other cultures of this strain were not tested for this allele
- ptsG21-- was formerly called cat-1 and, later, gpt-1.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = suppressor
- Loomis, W.F., B. Magasanik 1965. Genetic control of catabolite repression of the lac operon in Escherichia coli. Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 20:230-234
- Tyler, B, R Wishnow, WF Loomis, B Magasanik 1969. Catabolite repression gene of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 100(2):809-16.