BT333      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- endA8(del:Frt:Tc)::Tc-- : use 15 ug/ml tetracycline
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- del:Frt:Tc = del.insert+partial FLP Target
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Cherepanov, PP, W Wackernagel 1995. Gene disruption in Escherichia coli: TcR and KmR cassettes with the option of Flp-catalyzed excision of the antibiotic-resistance determinant. Gene 158(1):9-14.