GM31      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- dcm-6-- has a Gln to Arg mutation,also a TGG to TGA termination mutation,which results in dcm-vsr message degradation and causes a Vsr- phenotype (Dar 1993).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Marinus, MG 1973. Location of DNA methylation genes on the Escherichia coli K-12 genetic map. Mol. Gen. Genet. 127(1):47-55.