DS123      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- ΔgapA12::Cm-- : gap/epd deleted strains should be grown on minimal supplemented with casamino acids, Trp, Met, Thi, succinate + glycerol + antibiotic; they do not grow on LB or glucose media.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- Δepd-11::Ery was formerly called gapB11::Erm
- Seta, F.D., S. Boschi-Muller, M.L. Vignais, G. Branlant 1997. Characterization of Escherichia coli strains with gapA and gapB genes deleted. J.Bacteriol. 179:5218-5221