W3140      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: ΔlacZ39
, metB1Strain Comments:
- (Ullmann et al. refer to lacZ39 in Fig. 1 of their paper as "4680".)
- lacZ39 is a deletion of ca. 1/3 of the lacZ gene.
- ΔlacZ39-- is a deletion of ca. 1/3 of the lacZ gene.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Cook, A., J. Lederberg 1962. Recombination studies of lactose nonfermenting mutants of Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 47:1335-1353