Lin 135      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- secA208-- : azi is now secA
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glpD3-- Loss of G-3-P dehydrogenase (aerobic) results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole carbon source.
- glpD3-- GlpD loss also results in stasis with gluconeogenic C sources, e.g.,succinate. glpA or glpD mutants should be grown on min.salts+1% glycerol-free casein hydrolysate+1% glucose.
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- secA208 was formerly called azi-8
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- glpc = constitutive expr.glp regulon
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Miki, K, EC Lin 1973. Enzyme complex which couples glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenation to fumarate reduction in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 114(2):767-71.