MM385      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, deoC2Strain Comments:
- Some researchers have reported that this strain is temperature sensitive at 37 deg. in liquid LB.
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- recA56-- Amino acid substitution Arg 60 Cys
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- polA12(ts)-- : sensitive to temperature and to low salt; altered pH optimum. Normal Exo levels. Totally defective in nick translation at 42C. recA56 polA12 are ts for growth.
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Monk, M, J Kinross 1972. Conditional lethality of recA and recB derivatives of a strain of Escherichia coli K-12 with a temperature-sensitive deoxyribonucleic acid polymerase I. J. Bacteriol. 109(3):971-8.