W945 sdh      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, xylA5Strain Comments:
- We don`t think that there is any possibility of tracing the derivation of this strain. Clearly it is not just an sdh- mutant of W945.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Creaghan, IT, JR Guest 1972. Amber mutants of the -ketoglutarate dehydrogenase gene of Escherichia coli K12. J. Gen. Microbiol. 71(2):207-20.