P678-7      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, MonStrain Comments:
- The unmapped "mon" (monster) phenotype may be the result of defects at more than one locus.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- fic-1-- Found in W677 and its derivatives. Mutant phenotype is filamentation in the presence of cAMP.
- Mon-- The unmapped "Mon" (monster) phenotype may be the result of defects at more than one locus.
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- hns-1 was formerly called cur-1
- hns-1 was formerly called osmZ1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Adler, HI, CE Terry, AA Hardigree 1968. Giant cells of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 95(1):139-42.