Lin 188      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2 or fhuA22
, rpsL8 or rplL9
(L?) or rpsL17
, T2RStrain Comments:
- glpD10-- : Loss of G-3-P dehydrogenase (aerobic) results in inability of strains to grow on glycerol or glycerol-3-P as sole carbon source.
- glpD10-- : Loss also results in stasis with gluconeogenic C sources, e.g., succinate. glpA or glpD mutants should be grown on min.salts+1% glycerol-free casein hydrolysate+1% glucose
- T2R-- : selected for resistance to phage T2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = strep-resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Cozzarelli, NR, WB Freedberg, EC Lin 1968. Genetic control of L-alpha-glycerophosphate system in Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 31(3):371-87.