E112      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain should be grown with only 20ug/ml N-acetylglucosamine, as higher concentrations are inhibitory. This strain has an additional, unknown auxotrophic requirement.
- glnS1(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation. Growth stops immediately at 42 degrees C. This allele reverts and the strain should be cloned and tested before use.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Wu, HC, TC Wu 1971. Isolation and characterization of a glucosamine-requiring mutant of Escherichia coli K-12 defective in glucosamine-6-phosphate synthetase. J. Bacteriol. 105(2):455-66.