H724      Source of Strain:
P.G. de HaanOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2::IS2
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500-- :Glt- phenotype in gltB mutant requires presence of a gdhA mutation as well. 0.2% aspartate is a better N-source than glutamate because of uptake(Pahel et al).
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called gltB31
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called aspB21
- Δ(gltB-gltF)500 was formerly called aspB24
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- hns-1 was formerly called cur-1
- hns-1 was formerly called osmZ1
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Nijkamp, HJ, PG De Haan 1967. Genetic and biochemical studies of the guanosine 5'-monophosphate pathway in Escherichia coli. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 145(1):31-40.