N43      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, mtl-1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Nakamura, H. 1965. Gene-controlled resistance to acriflavine and other basic dyes in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 90:8-14
- Nakamura, H, T Tojo, J Greenberg 1975. Interaction of the expression of two membrane genes, acrA and plsA, in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 122(3):874-9.