X7026      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- (Note to reference parent EC0: Beckwith and Signer.) (to X7026: Kahn)
- This is an F- derivative of strain EC0.
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Beckwith, J.R., E.R. Signer 1966. Transposition of the lac region of Escherichia coli. I. Inversion of the lac operon and transduction of lac by phi 80. J.Mol.Biol. 19:254-265
- Kahn, PL 1968. Isolation of high-frequency recombining strains from Escherichia coli containing the V colicinogenic factor. J. Bacteriol. 96(1):205-14.