WW3352      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leu-47
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Degnen, GE, EC Cox 1974. Conditional mutator gene in Escherichia coli: isolation, mapping, and effector studies. J. Bacteriol. 117(2):477-87.