E111      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- There have been reports that the glmS marker in this strain is leaky or has reverted
- This strain must be grown on 200ug/ml N-acetylglucosamine, preferably in PPBE medium (see paper cited below).
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Wu, HC, TC Wu 1971. Isolation and characterization of a glucosamine-requiring mutant of Escherichia coli K-12 defective in glucosamine-6-phosphate synthetase. J. Bacteriol. 105(2):455-66.