W4032      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δpro-3
, creC510Strain Comments:
- Δpro-3-- is proA or proB.
- Δ(cod-lacI)6-- is Lederberg's lac-72 from strain W4032. It is lacI-Z-Y-. Feedback, 1999, indicates that it also deletes part or all of the cod operon.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Δ(cod-lacI)6 was formerly called lac-3
- Δ(cod-lacI)6 was formerly called Δ6
- Δ(cod-lacI)6 was formerly called lac-72(del)
- Const = constitutive
- Luria, S.E., J.N. Adams, R.C. Ting 1960. Transduction of lactose-utilizing ability among strains of E. coli and S. dysenteriae and the properties of the transducing phage particles. Virology 12:348-390
- Cook, A., J. Lederberg 1962. Recombination studies of lactose nonfermenting mutants of Escherichia coli K12. Genetics 47:1335-1353