CA167      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacZ13
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lacZ13 and lacI22 are Jacob alleles lac-2 and lac3, respectively.
- lacZ13(Oc)-- is lacZ2 of Jacob, originating in Paris strain 3.320. It is an ochre, polar mutation.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- tyrT70(OS) was formerly called supC70
- tyrT70(OS) was formerly called suC+
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- OS = ochre(UAA) suppressor
- Brenner, S., J.R. Beckwith 1965. Ochre mutants, a new class of suppressible nonsense mutants. J.Mol.Biol. 13:629-637