RS5064      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
- trpA33-- has two consecutive nucleotide substitutions (R.Milkman) and has not been known to revert (C.Yanofsky via R.Milkman).
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- polA480(ts,EX)-- lowered levels of polymerase, thermolabile in vitro; low levels Exo. see Grindley and Kelley, MGG 143:311.
- polA480(ts,EX) was formerly called polAex1
- EX = exonuclease activity mutation
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Konrad, EB, IR Lehman 1974. A conditional lethal mutant of Escherichia coli K12 defective in the 5' leads to 3' exonuclease associated with DNA polymerase I. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 71(5):2048-51.