DJ901      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, Δ(soxS-soxR)566Strain Comments:
- We have received a feedback report that this strain is thermotolerant at 48 C, on either no-NaCl LB or regular LB.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- Δ(soxS-soxR)566 was formerly called soxR901(del)
- = kanamycin resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Greenberg, J.T., P.A. Monach, J.H. Chou, D. Josephy, B. Demple 1990. Positive control of a global antioxidant defense regulon activated by superoxide-generating agents in Escherichica coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 87:6181-6185
- Amabile-Cuevas, C.F., B. Demple 1991. Molecular characterization of the soxRS genes of Escherichia coli: two genes control a superoxide stress regulon. Nucleic Acids Res. 19:4479-4484