BW25113      Source of Strain:
B.L. WannerOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(araD-araB)567
, hsdR514Strain Comments:
- This is the parent strain for the Keio Collection of single gene knockouts
- This strain was originally reported to be lacIQ, but it was later shown to be lacI+ (Baba 2006 ref. Supplementary Table 1)
- Δ(araD-araB)567-- This deletion extends from ~25 bp upstream of the araB start codon to ~8 bp into the beginning of the araD gene
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3)-- : 4 tandem copies of the rrnB transcriptional terminator inserted by gene replacement into the region extending from near the SacII site near the N-terminus of lacZ through the promoter.
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- Δ(araD-araB)567 was formerly called Δ araBADAH33
- Δ(rhaD-rhaB)568 was formerly called Δ rhaBADLD78
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3) was formerly called Δ lacZWJ16
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3) was formerly called ::rrnB-4
- ::rrnB-3 = 4 copies of rrnB inserted
- Datsenko, KA, BL Wanner 2000. One-step inactivation of chromosomal genes in Escherichia coli K-12 using PCR products. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 97(12):6640-5.
- Baba, T., T. Ara, M. Hasegawa, Y. Takai, Y. Okumura, M. Baba, K.A. Datsenko, M. Tomita, B.L. Wanner, H. Mori 2006. Construction of Escherichia coli K-12 in-frame, single-gene knockout mutants: the Keio collection. Mol Syst Biol 2:1-11