DF221      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
2A Map Position:
12.20 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: fhuA22
, creC510Strain Comments:
- The gap2 gap mutation reverts at a relatively high rate. SDS-PAGE has shown an inactive GAPDH present (see Ganter and Pluckthun, 1990)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- rrnB-2-- : loss of spacer loop sequence
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- T2R = T2 Resistant
- Unst = unstable
- Hillman, JD, DG Fraenkel 1975. Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase mutants of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 122(3):1175-9.